Satellite
  • Day 14

    H's first snorkel

    October 13, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Early start (common theme throughout this holiday!). Everyone had a lovely breakfast and then we set sail for Tongue Bay which was the back entrance to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Whitehaven Beach. We had a little dip in the ocean and then walked along the beach spotting sting rays and lemon sharks in the shallows, whilst also looking out for Irukandji jellyfish which could ‘ruin your whole day’.

    After a bit of lunch we started heading for Manta Ray Bay where we could get used to the snorkelling masks. H had never snorkelled before so this was all new territory for her. No Manta Rays but an enormous fish called George (Napoleon Fish), and Spike (Black Trevalley) along with hundreds of other fish were right at the surface. It was like swimming in a fish bowl.

    A further bit of snorkelling at Cockatoo point over a great bit of coral followed, and the new snorkeler was the last out of the ocean!

    Mooring at Stonehaven bay for the evening where after a gorgeous sunset, the English (Me and H) comfortably beat the Dutch, the Germans, a Canadian and some Aussies at Cards against Humanity.

    Last day at sea tomorrow before we head for Cairns.

    Mart x
    Read more