Satellite
  • Day 5

    Walking the Gardens of Peterhof Palace

    April 10, 2018 in Russia ⋅ 🌙 3 °C

    The rooms were again all quite stunning in the palace. Most of them were decorated with embroidered silk rather than wall paper which was beautiful - I mentioned my favourite in the photos. Imagine how much that would have cost!!

    We didn’t get to walk through the whole palace - they had obviously selected just a few of the rooms to give you a taste. I’m always curious to know whether the rest of the palace is decorated the same or whether it’s just all under dust covers and wraps! It’s the kind of place I would love to roam and explore without having other people around.

    We wanted to take Heidi to the toilet on the way out but the line up to the ladies toilet was massive (another large Asian tourist group) so Eli took her into the gents. Some ladies from the tour group were also trying to use these toilets as well! A Russian lady came and told them off but as soon as she turned her back a husband ushered his wife and others in there again!!

    We went out to take a tour of the gardens afterwards. It felt much colder today compared to yesterday and some of us were wishing we had worn our thermals! It was so nice strolling along the paths among the wintry woodlands. We were even able to view some of the woodland creatures such as squirrels and little birds. One squirrel actually came running right up to us much to Heidi’s delight!
    Read more