Satellite
  • Day 9

    2019 Australia Trip - Day 8

    June 2, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Woke up by the chirping of the tropical birds. Stepped out to the balcony, gazing into the mountains and the greens in front, with gentle breeze on my face, I felt at peace.

    This tree house is the best property we have ever stayed! With its open floor design, the living room and kitchen open directly to the balcony. There are no exterior doors! I was a little startled when the owner didn’t give us any keys, but since there are no doors against the nature, there is no need to lock out the everything the nature has to offer. The property is well hidden by the rainforest; since it’s opened a decade ago, no one but the guests have visited here.

    There are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and can sleep up to 10 people (more if people willing to sleep on the huge sofas around the house). There are only 3 of us here today, so the space feels huge. It has a swimming pool, a hot tube and a BBQ. The entire house is elegantly decorated, you can tell the owner has some excellent tastes! With the principle elements of Zen and Peace, perfect combination display of Eastern and Western arts, you truly feel like you just stepped into a piece of paradise!

    Steve made sausages and eggs, I made oatmeal and tea, we had our breakfast at the dinner room which occupies a corner of the massive balcony. A couple wild turkeys and many birds busied themselves in the forest... we felt like we were part of the nature.

    Evan and I jumped into the hot tube after the breakfast. It was so nice and warm! But Steve dragged us out of tube and “forced” us to get the day started.

    Nearby our house was a beautiful waterfall called Crystal Cascades. A very nice walkway took us all the way to the top of the waterfall, about 0.8 mile stroll. Too bad the water was too cold for a swim.

    Next, we drove all the way to downtown area for a farmers market that only opens on weekends. Some tasty street food totally filled my belly. We got some ingredients so dinner can be prepared at our awesome kitchen tonight too.

    Tomorrow, we fly to the Outback for our camping trip. Not sure about the Internet connection there and if I will be able to upload my travel journals. We will see.
    Read more