Satellite
  • Day 5

    Yellowstone National Park: Day 5

    July 21, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    A heavy fog covered the entire park this morning, and gave it a mysterious feel to it.

    Instead of heading directly to a major destination, we were hitting all the places we skipped for the last 4 days this morning. There were waterfalls and more interesting geysers. This park is full of beautiful places!!

    The main attraction today is the Prismatic geyser. Based on its name, we waited until the fog was lifted before we went there. We were hoping the sunlight would gave it a colorful hue we saw in photos. However, due to the mist steaming from the geyser, we couldn’t see it very well. It’s still stunning beautiful nevertheless!

    As we were leaving this places, we saw how packed the parking lot had become. Cars were parked at least half a mile away, and many were lining up to try to park. As we were driving north, the traffic towards south almost at standstill! Once again, we were thankful how much we were rewarded for getting into the park early.

    One good thing about the Yellowstone National Park, it’s the fact many attractions were close to their parking lots, so people don’t have to walk far to see the beautiful sites. However, I think the best way to see the park is going for a nature hike, not only we can see more beauty of the nature, but we can avoid crowds.

    Once again, we went to our picnic lunch early at 11 AM, and found the best spot for the entire trip so far. The table was hidden between trees, and right by Gibbon River, it’s a quiet and beautiful spot! We enjoyed our lunch with a lurking raven. We couldn’t help ourselves but to gave it some fresh cherries. The raven took out the pits very efficiently before eating them, and then stashed some cherries in its hiding place out of sight. What a smart animal!!

    We ended our trip to Yellowstone Park with a bit splash in a clear stream in the woods. The water was shockingly cold, but felt so refreshing!

    We have to say goodbye to this park now, and heading to Grand Teton National Park tomorrow!
    Read more