Satellite
  • Day 22

    Day 21/22. Citta di Castello

    September 15, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Patrizia wouldn't serve breakfast before 0830 so it was 0915 before we were on our way. Ralf had left before
    Us but Elizabeth was still at Le Burgne when we left.
    Downhill to start with and then we commenced our first climb. We met Ralph at a buffalo farm as he was about to leVe after a rest.
    We continued the uphill grind together looking forward to a coffee at Lerchi. A most welcome break.
    As we're leaving Elizabeth arrived with news that Tony(French) would arrive on a few minutes. Ralf decided to wait for him as they had walk during previous day's.
    After about an hour we reached the top of the climb,thank goodness, and from there it was relatively easy descent into Citta.
    On our arrival in front of the Cathedral we had a refreshing drink and got into conversation with an English family who wanted to know about our travels. The Gerry and Alice arrived. They are the Americans we had dined with at Stia.
    We checked into our apartment and went shopping for food and drink bumping into Kathryn who told us that Roxanne and Sandi )Australians) from Stia were having coffee not far away. They were in good spirits and enjoying their walk.
    In the evening we met Ralf and went looking for a restaurant and met Tony and some Italian walkers together with Elizabeth. 9 of us sat down to dine. Ralf (German), Tony (French), Cinzia, Nadia, Rosa and Roberto(Italian) and Shirl and I. A wonderful evening.
    I spent a few hours the next day trying to sort out a few problems before we did the washing and sight-seeing.
    We wondered around the narrow streets of Citta visiting a few churches and admiring the old buildings.
    A quiet meal. Tomorrow it's a bus to Gubbio.
    Read more