Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 58

    JOG😊😘🎉🎉

    3. juni 2023, Skottland ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    14 miles
    A slightly Misty late start. Rest of the country in blazing sunshine. Almost wet at times. Back onto the beautiful coast with more flowers , birds , few fishing boats, castles., monuments, barbed wire fencing. Crossed another beautiful beach and a last tea stop. Then onwards with more and bigger geos, caves, stacks. Fantastic. And finally Duncansby Head lighthouse was on view, then first peep of JOG. Carried on up coast past last and most northerly mainland trig to the lighthouse. Several orca spotters- non in view but some Risso’s dolphins off Orkney visible in scopes. Onwards then south(!) to JOG. Met by George , Helen’s son for the final few metres. Then oh my goodness , we’d expected Ged H’s husband and Colin , but Huw , Allison and my Mum were there. All the way from Lancashire. Mum taught me to walk and appreciate the outdoors, and some of my determination! Thanks Mum. And relatives of Caroline of Dementia Cafe turned up. How lovely. Celebrations and picnic. Now what?
    I’ve raised over £5000 and I’m sure every penny will be put to good use.

    Celebration piccies later!
    Les mer