Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Fort Lauderdale - Wales via Dallas

    April 7 in Wales ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    Flight from Fort Lauderdale to Dallas was somewhat disorganised to say the least. Hung around taking on bags etc for a half hour after our scheduled departure. They had to put out several calls reminding people it was a full plane and if they had more than one cabin bag to check it in as hold luggage. This is happening at the gate.
    Made it to Dallas late and had to get our asses across to another terminal for the Dallas to London flight. Just made it by the skin of our teeth.
    Interesting scenery on the way. Crossed the Mississippi delta and on the London leg saw what used to be the Francis Scott key bridge complete with stuck ship.
    Arrived at Heathrow and sorted the hire car. Proceeded to drive to to where we were meeting one of Angela's relatives for breakfast. As a prelude to the age of AI the dopey car navigation took us out of the airport and then through one of the car parks to get to the road it want. That cost us 7 quid. Thanks.
    Then off to Wales where we are staying with the people who we went to Uganda with. 4 hrs on a busy freeway and we are dead tired. Made it in one piece though.
    Fish and chips for dinner. Better than any the the ship served up and then crashed into bed. The hire car wasn't finished with us yet. The car alarm went off a couple of times in the night due to strong winds. Sigh...
    Read more