Satellite
  • Day 2

    Heading home again

    November 4, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    Our last wedding event was the brunch — since we had an early evening flight, though, that meant that we had a lot of time to enjoy the grandkids some more. First stop was Pullen Park in Raleigh. One of those great old parks with a chug chug train around the park, an old time carousel, and a few very tame kids rides. Lots of kids, lots of parents and grandparents taking pictures.

    Our last family stop was Beasley’s, a Raleigh restaurant that has a bit of buzz these days since it was written up in some food magazine. I don’t find these things, I just let Katy do the choosing and follow along. Who knew that chicken and waffles could really be something that tasted good?! I Mac n cheese, biscuits and honey, all those comfort foods that leave you wondering why you just couldn’t resist and had to keep on eating.

    Now back at the airport — we have two flights and about four hours of travel ahead of us while the Berkelely crew has a long 6 hour flight. It is always hard to say goodbye to grandkids, but it was a great family weekend. Only regret was that David and Shannon couldn’t make it with their three!
    Read more