Satellite
  • Day 59

    Day 58 ~ 20,100 Miles, The Tasman Sea

    March 3, 2020 ⋅ 🌙 61 °F

    Day 58 ~ 20,100 Miles

    It’s late here in the Tasman Sea and it is a night sky that I wish I could share with each of you. An iPhone picture can not possibly capture what I see. The colors range from the darkest of black interrupted by an extremely bright half moon to the pure white of cresting waves. Even this half moon lights the sky brighter than city lights and highlights the clouds from behind to create a glowing effect until it peaks from behind to cast beautiful rays of light onto the oceans surface. The moonlight captures the white-capped waves unlike a similar scene in daylight. The night sky above the moon is so full of stars that it seems unreal. The sound of the ship cutting through the sea is like a symphony, the gentle rocking of the ship feels like being wrapped in the arms of a loved one, and tonight one knows that this place was created by God.

    In this night, seeing this beauty, I pause to ask each of you to join me in a prayer of healing for my nephew, Joshua, who is waiting at this very moment to undergo a surgical procedure.

    I feel homesick for the first time.
    Read more