Satellite
  • Day 179

    Day 180: Exploring Luxembourg

    August 13, 2017 in Luxembourg ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Time to explore Luxembourg today, after having a look around yesterday. Up and out fairly early after a rare hotel breakfast! We walked around the old town, both the upper city and the lower city (basically there's a river that cuts the city in two, and the areas down in the valley are the lower city).

    For our filming, we decided to follow what's known as the Wenzel Walk, named after Saint Wenceslas who was one of the original kings of the area I think. Anyway, it covers most of the interesting fortifications and stuff, so we followed that route for the next few hours. Lots of filming, and it was great weather so things were turning out pretty nicely which I enjoyed! Plenty of sunshine too.

    The walk was quite tiring, and by 2pm it was definitely time for lunch. At the end of the walk there was a riverside bar selling homemade burgers, but apparently we'd have to wait an hour for food! Starving, we headed up in to the main square of the upper city and eventually settled on a French brassiere type place. I had a schnitzel, while Shandos had a traditional Luxembourg dish of ham with mustard, served in gravy with boiled white beans.

    Having a big meal at 3:30pm sort of tires you out, and since we'd seen most of what we needed to we headed back to the hotel, stopping one last time for another drink. Spent the evening in the hotel room relaxing, ahead of heading back to France tomorrow for a week off!
    Read more