Satellite
  • Day 47

    Driving to Byron Bay

    September 26, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We said our goodbyes to my cousin and headed off around 9.30am. Nothing much to say but your average freeway drive although there are an awful lot of roadworks happening behind the Gold Coast. The kids were very excited to see Dreamworld, Movie World and Wet 'n' Wild as we went past. We will have to bite the bullet and take them one day.

    After about 2 hours we crossed the border into NSW and we all started talking about home but we were still looking forward to Byron Bay.

    In three hours we were there. It really wasn't much of a driving day. We were on site and set up by 1pm. The girls couldn't move fast enough to get in the van, in their swimmers and in the water park! And it was apparently pretty cold but they were in there for an hour. We had lunch and the girls worked on their blogs and just chilled out for a while before hopping in the car and going in search of pins!

    Byron Bay is beautiful! The main town area has a real market feel to it. The girls instantly went about playing spot the Hippy then moved onto trying to work out exactly what a Hippy is. We found the Information centre and got the girls pins then went for a wander around a few of the shops. So much to look at here! We grabbed what was hopefully the last grocery run for the trip and made our way back to the van for dinner.

    The girls have finished their blogs and are watching a movie while Joe and I relax outside. It's the coolest evening we've seen in a while so I suspect will be in with the girls before too long.
    Read more