Satellite
  • Day 14

    Albufeira - Surf & SUP

    October 13, 2020 in Belgium ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    Our last day in Portugal 2020, so we decided to enjoy it to the fullest. We went to the company “Surf & SUP” and hired a SUP board (stand up paddling) for 1 hour for only €15 per person. At first it was quite challenging, jut we managed to get better at it and keep standing up. Once in a while we fell down, funny views. Some breaks in between as well, laying down totally flat on our boards, enjoying the sun and water movements. The water was so peaceful. We couldn’t think of any better way to close our stay here !

    Some final chilling on the beach and then we went back to the airbnb to prepare our bags. Unfortunately we were a bit too late (2pm already) so Diogo complained a bit. The cleaning staff had already arrived in the house so we quickly had to shower, pack our bags and eat. They were not so friendly, but ok they were just doing their job.

    Off to the airport now and returning back the car ! For the car, I had a car with Firefly. It was only €108 but, because my VISA had a limit of “only” €2000 it couldn’t cover the assurance and I had to pay everything cash and take a full insurance therefore. So I paid €520 in the end.. Also I noticed that my invoice stated that it was full when picking it up, which was not the case. So in the end I had double “unluck” but ok good learnings for next time. Tip 1: increase your VISA to a higher limit in advance (I took this time €5000). Tip 2: always check the fuel before departure with the car and confirm a full tank. Back to Belgium now with Ryanair. Thank you Portugal, you were amazing !!
    Read more