Satellite
  • Day 383

    Cala Taulera near Mahon Menorca

    May 3, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Yesterday we walked around the headland to Cala Macarella and had a coffee at the cafe there before visiting the previously inhabited caves. From the look of the floor the main residents now are goats, had a lovely swim around the bay on our return to the boat and saw 4rays (fish).
    We spent today cruising along the south coast of Menorca, we had hoped to anchor up in Cala Covas, said to be one of the most stunning anchorages in the Balearic Islands, but a bit to much swell. We popped into lots of other Calas on the way round, definitely worth a mention is Cala Alcaufa a little built up but still lovely however ended up here Cala Taulera near the capital which is OK as we need to do a bit of shopping, and look for some parts. For those who are interested we think we need a new gypsy wheel for anchor winch as the chain is slipping and jumping, but only sometimes. There are two other boats here, one is fine the other when we arrived appeared to be drifting onto the rocks, once anchored we could see someone apparently pushing it off so rowed over to see if we could assist. We ended up re-laying 2of the anchors, the engine and rudder are broken and owner can’t move the boat. However looking at it now it looks like anchors didn’t hold but as the owner has gone and doesn’t appear bothered we have decided we won’t be either.
    Read more