Satellite
  • Day 125

    A puente

    December 8, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    A puente is a holiday in spain from the 6th - 10th December. The 6th (Wednesday) is constitution day & the 8th (Friday) is the feast of the immaculate conception of the blessed Virgin Mary. The holiday is called a puente (meaning bridge) in recognition of the fact that they need an extra day off to bridge the time between the weekend and the holidays to create a long weekend. Love this country!!

    We utilized our days off school off with a short trip to nearby town Cordoba & under intense pressure from Max we drove up to Sierra Nevada to touch the snow.

    The highlight of Cordoba was the Mezquita-Catedral a beautiful and fascinating building that symbolizes the many religious changes Cordoba has undergone over the centuries. My pictures don’t do this building justice - it is truly amazing. Of course the kids were more interested in the garbage truck outside and Ivy actually declared she was bored after 3.5 minutes. Max used the time to ask us every question imaginable about the death of Jesus & the meaning behind all of the other religious drawings, all of which Chris & I were ill-equipped to deal with.

    The sun was shining for our first time in the snow. No skiing but great fun tobogganing & just general messing around. I think we will be back soon!
    Read more