Satellite
  • Day 1

    Kwong Fook Kong Temple

    June 5, 2019 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Founded in 1893. The oldest temple in the town.
    According to the caretaker, in ancient china, there is this filial young girl by the name of Guo Miao Ling / 郭妙玲 and she was married to a fisherman’s family.
    On one fine day, while the men’s were out at sea, MiaoLing fell asleep after a long days work. During the nap, she dreamt that her husband and father in – law was struck by disaster at sea. In her dream, she manage to rescue her father in law but as she was to rescue her own husband, she was awoken by her mother in law for dinner. Thinking it was just a dream..she prayed for their safe returns.
    A little a day after, her father in law return home with the body of her husband. Narrating the tragedy, the father in law mention that during the disaster, MiaoLing mysterious appear to save him but just as when she was about to save her husband, she suddenly vanish. MiaoLing was surprise as whatever said by her father in law is the same as what she has dreamt.
    After a while, her father in law decided that MiaoLing should remarried as she was still young. She had refuse to this but the father in-law had arranged for the marriage. When the bride’s sedan arrived to pick up Miao ling, the sky open up and on orders, the soldier of heaven arrived to take MiaoLing to meet the Jade emperor, Yu Wang Da Di. She was bestowed by the Jade emperor as a heavenly fairy.
    So from then on.. she is known as Xian Ren Shu Po Tai / 仙人叔婆太.
    This version of the story is narrated from the previous caretaker to the current and i may not have got it exactly they way it was told. There is actually a few version i’ve found online but it’s still interesting to know another.
    Read more