Satellite
  • Day 4

    London - Day 1

    May 21, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    PJ met me at Paddington and we took the Tube to Waterloo (with a stop on the way at Baker Street to visit Sherlock Holmes at 221B), so i could store my bag for a few hours while we did some sightseeing. As some might have guessed, i needed a snack before continuing on the next leg of the journal, so my first meal in England was a roast beef and horseradish mayo sandwich from Marks & Spencer... Hit the spot!

    From Waterloo we walked to check out the London Eye (giant ferris wheel with views of London), MI6 (for some James Bond experience), Big Ben and Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. Then it was on to Trafalger Square and the Museum of Natural History. I took a lot of pictures, but they're on the camera, so uploading will have to wait.

    Thanks so much to PJ (aka Pierre) and hia house mates for putting me up for a couple of nights! We went for dinner to the Ivy House for some traditional English fare: fish (yes, i went there) and chips AND steak and kidney pie... Both were terrific!

    It's now time to pack it in... I only slept for about 5 hours on the plane and it's now 11pm local time. Good night for tonight!
    Read more