Satellite
  • Day 14

    Nice is nice

    May 31, 2016 in France ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Great joke, eh?!? Having a nice time in Nice!

    First thing this morning, we took a tour a a French perfumery that's been operating since the 18th century. Interesting learning the differences between perfume and l'eau de toilette... Basically, perfume is 25% essential oils, lasts all day, and goes directly on your skin (where you can feel your pulse); while l'eau de toilette is "watered down", lasts a couple of hours, and is used more as a body spray. Both break down over time and should be kept out of the light to prolong useful life.

    We were dropped off at the centre of Nice, at the waterfront, for the day - it's nice. The colours of the water are amazing - many shades of blue! It truly is the Cote d'Azur (Coast of Azure)! Some of us walked up to the Chateau, which is the highest point overlooking Nice and the views are spectacular!

    We walked through street markets and bazaars. Enjoyed fresh olives, sun-dried tomatoes, brioche, crepes, and fruits... Nice lunch in Nice! So many cool shops, including the extreme high end... Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Rolex, Hermes, and the list goes on!

    The view from our group meeting place... McDonald's!
    Read more