Satellite
  • Day 130

    Money laundering

    March 15, 2020, Indian Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    When you're down because of reading the news, it's welcoming when cockatoos try to cheer you up. And they were trying!

    We again went to the information center as we wanted to rent fins for snorkeling. Then we went snorkeling at Lakeside. What we didn't anticipate was that the reef required a 750 meter walk through sand. Which is quite tough in 30 degrees and full sun while carrying snorkel gear. But we were happy we took it because the snorkeling was worth it. The visibility was good and we saw a huge ray hiding in the sand. It must've been 4 or 5 meters long. There was a strong current so we definitely needed our fins. Afterwards we were quite exhausted. So instead of preparing for another beach we went back to the campsite.

    Susanne manually washed her pants after she walked into a dirty tire. She didn't realise she also washed the cash that was in them. It's totally normal to hang up your money on a drying line, right? It doesn't at all look suspicious how we are able to afford this fancy campsite.

    At sunset we once again tried our luck at spotting baby turtles. A different beach this time. There were some other people searching as well this time, but nobody found any. They did tell us that the evening before they had seen some at this very beach. Grrr :)
    Read more