Satellite
Show on map
  • SFO-DEN Flight ... ✔︎

    August 14, 2022 ⋅ 🌬 41 °F

    I wasn’t anticipating that I would be writing in this journal while we are on our expedition voyage in the Canadian High Arctic. But something came up today that is directly related to RTW2023 … hence this footprint.

    (The story of our High Arctic adventure is at this link … if you wish to check it out … https://findpenguins.com/8pccjefaitoru/trip/61f…)

    Despite being in the middle of Baffin Bay — surrounded by sea ice and hundreds of miles away from land in every direction — the wi-fi signal onboard Quark’s Ultramarine was exceptionally good today. Thus, when the “purchase return airfare for RTW2023” notification popped up, I decided to try my luck.

    The United Airlines app opened right away when I clicked on it. In short order, I had a list of flights with award availability. Insignia is scheduled to arrive on the morning of 12 July for an overnight in San Francisco prior to disembarking world cruisers on the 13th. Award rates were better on the 12th versus the 13th, SO we have decided to leave a day early.

    We now have a 2:39p flight booked to DEN on 12 July. I have to wait a few days to select seats, but that’s OK. The aircraft is wide open … getting the E+ seats we paid for won’t be an issue.
    Read more