Satellite
  • Day 10

    Day 10, At Sea

    September 10, 2017, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Good evening all, so second of four sea days today. I'm afraid there's no exciting news about Northern Lights, Whales etc but that doesn't mean we've had a bad day. We woke this morning and figured if we wanted to breakfast in the dining room we needed to get ourselves in to gear as it was 8.30 and they shut at 9.30 prompt on sea days. We got ourselves together and off we went. As we came out about 10am we were amazed to see such a queue, especially as it was past closing time, people still being let in. We didn't think that much of it, figured it must be because it's a sea day and more people were choosing to eat in the restaurant. We meandered to the back of the ship for a leisurely cuppa and to watch the world go by out to sea before deciding to watch the movie out on the open deck. I was well wrapped up believe me as it was Baltic but sunny. As we went for a cuppa to thaw out afterwards, Sharon noticed one of the clocks said 12.30 rather than 1.30. It very quickly became apparent that the clocks went back an hour last night and we had missed it !! Very funny and an extra hour in the day.

    The weather has been mixed today, quite cold and mixtures of sun, cloud and rain but once again it hasn't stopped us. We took to the hot tub at the back of the ship instead of midship today, the view out to sea from there was lovely and the tub was quite a lot bigger but it wasn't as hot. I'm guessing that was due to the icy cold wind that was blowing across the deck. Believe me, when we got out we knew about it !!

    We spent a bit of time in the room this afternoon watching a couple more episodes of Spooks before getting ready for dinner tonight. Formal night tonight so fancy gear on, lovely food once again and we were with a lovely couple from St Louis who's son lives in New York. They gave us some good tips for where to eat and also the address of the deli which is where Harry Met Sally, so we will be going there once we land.

    Although the formal night was tonight and not on Sharon's Birthday tomorrow, the captains cocktail party is being held tomorrow on her actual birthday and we are on the guest list !! Another little bonus for the birthday girl.

    So once again, thanks for following, catch-up tomorrow evening all being well.
    Read more