The land of happiness ~ BhutanNovember 19, 2017 in Bhutan ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C
One fine Saturday Morning,
1. Early 4 am we ( Parth, Paras me, Kaush n Md ) set out and drove down from Vapi to Mumbai on our endeavour to find and increase our happiness index by visiting Bhutan which is a richly overflowing mountainous nation in its GNH. The drive at the dawn was smooth n swift in the 2 innovas ~ thanks to Parth.
2. We were joined by the one who had planned and organised this whole experience for us very beautifully and comfortably ensuring the best experience throughout ~ Kalpit Oza !!, and Mitali, Jatin n Priyanka at the Mumbai Airport from where
3. We excitedly checked in and caught a 3 hrs flight from Mumbai by Jet Airways. A lil worried about our luggage weight exceeding the meager 15 kgs allowed for the 14 days of woollens n jackets, we managed getting the emergency exit comfy seats.
Although i didnt get a window seat, but with the view of a tall, handsome, well built, model type dude seated next to me on one side n my cute hero husband on the other, it was an interesting start to the happy trip already ;-)
4. We got off at Bagdogra (W. Bengal) and then drove to Phuentsholing ( Bhutan ) which is about a 6 hrs drive therefrom.
The sight of the Himalayan peaks from the air n spotting them just behind the clouds was a "not 2 b missed view" !!
The drive was nice with views of lovely tea gardens all around ( though many chose to have a good sleep ) and with our tea and snacks stops at places which already started giving us the Bhutanese taste and feel with fotos of the Royal family of the King of Bhutan hung on its walls.
5. Checked into the Park hotel in the evening ( 6 pm in Bhutan looks like 9 pm in India ),
Welcomed by our very interesting tour guide - Mr. Karma,
Got our entry permits quickly - Thanks to Kalpit again for the doing the initial process online which saved our half day waiting in ques for getting them.
Adored the sudden change in cleanliness on the "no horns ever" roads, had ice creams (our non stop eating spree starts here :-D) we were served a good Veg Indian dinner at the Park and the staple Bhutanese dessert - Fruit Cocktail ( which was ok here, but amazing at next hotels we were about to visit )
Oh not to forget, we collected something which were our everyday 6-8 pm partners ~ Raven , Druk Supreme, Druk 11000, 15000 and Zumzin and K5 😎🍹🍻🍺🍸😉
And finally we had a good night sleep with the start of actual Bhutan waiting for us the next day.
Fun moment of the day : mentioned in the comment bar in one of the photos hereRead more