Satellite
  • Day 15

    Berkshire Hathaway, main event

    May 5, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    At 8:30 the meeting started off with a custom video featuring Warren Buffett and a bunch of stars (Schwarzenegger, Floyd Meriweather, A-Rod). They showed a hilarious sped-up video showing Charlie Munger spending nearly 3 minutes trying to open a box of peanut brittle at a previous meeting, and it was entertaining to see how neither Buffett nor Munger take themselves seriously.

    A little after 9 the meeting commenced with a brief introduction from Buffett and then a question and answer session coming from shareholders (the audience) and analysts. It was pretty cool to get an insight into how both of these brilliant men think and act. We both especially enjoyed Munger’s sense of humor delivered with witty zingers (e.g. “the man clearly doesn’t understand his own profession” directed at someone asking a dumb question).

    The question and answer session went on for about six hours with a one hour break for lunch. We were disgusted to see how many people were disrespectful during the meeting: playing on their cell phones while sitting in the most coveted seats, chit chatting with their neighbors during the presentation, etc. People have no manners!
    Read more