Satellite
  • Day 13

    Valley of Fire State Park

    April 14, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Another good day trip I was recommended around Las Vegas was the Valley of Fire State park. It was a bit further, about 1-1.5 hours drive, but it was worth the drive. Although after this we felt like we were deserted out a little bit, and would prefer to not have sand and sun and super dry air. Seamus gets a huge electric shock every time he gets out of the car, or tries to do any other ordinary day to day thing. On the way to the park we stopped at a shop that sells a huge amount of fireworks, and cheap alcohol - it turned out that it was a shop on an Indian reservation, so you don't have to pay tax on item bought there, and also they allow you to blow up your fireworks next to the shop in the desert. (you can't do it outside of there, unless it's the 4th of july).
    When we entered the park we were greeted near the entrance by a group of huge horned antílope creatures that I have no idea what they are but looked really cool. Here too we drove around the park, wanting to take a photo of every hill we drove past, and stopped at a couple of places to walk around at. The first one we did was famous because of the ancient drawings that were all over the walls. The second one led to a rock formation called the fire wave.
    Read more