Satellite
  • Day 3

    the first hang over

    August 22, 2016 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    I write this within minutes of waking up so I can't guarantee no bad language...or that I'm actually alive

    Soooo Canada ey...these Newfoundlanders can drink some some drink and they brew their own so I'm not stuck drinking corrs (see I knew their would be swearing)

    Newfies here have the coolest sing song Irish/Canadian accent I've ever heard, they are massively proud of their Irish/British heritage and I'm told...admittedly when 3 sheets to the wind...that this was part of the British empire until 1949 and as such drove on the left until midnight on a specific night ! love em here but their a bit nuts

    After my adventures in breweries yesterday when I had whatever the tour guide fed me 1 beer before and 1 after I went for the walk back here and met up with Jen (awesome Scottish woman I've known for upwards of 36 hours who lives here too) polished off my sixer and asked her where's good and do you fancy a beer?...God bless this 22 year old, a thousand miles from home for taking sympathy on an old fucker but she responded, the yellow belly brewery is good and yes.

    I realise at this moment I've been awake for upwards of 5 minutes and the hang over isn't curing itself so I will briefly say, st johns is my kinda town, oldest street in North America is also the most bars per km. We visited a decent few decent bars, met a fella from Dudley in the first place that's been here 4 years, listened to country music and sang along, being thoroughly British me and Jen were relentlessly mocking the closing ceremony that everyone had on tv....much the horror/confusion/amusement of the bar staff, met Jen's work buddy's, I got screeched in....I would explain what that means but quite frankly I was half cut when Jen told me it was a traditional newfie thing and all I really remember is some bloke dressed up as a fisherman making me and 20 other gullible tourists kiss a fish and down a soft shot for twenty bucks whilst talking in a hilariously bad Irish accent at a million miles an hour....and had some traditional night out junk food on the way back here.

    I would right more but you're bored and I need breakfast
    Read more