Satellite
  • Day 17

    Last day befor San Diego

    March 10, 2020, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Last day on board the elegant Rotterdam. After breakfast Carolynne and I sat in the outdoor hot tubs until it thundered and began to rain. Packed the majority of my things after a nice, warm shower.

    Decided to have lunch in the dining room as we hadn’t done that before. Menu the same as in the Lido but more relaxed and no temptation to go for seconds.

    Took advantage of a two-hour window to have a nice long nap. Raining anyway so perfect opportunity to do so. First rain we have had this trip. It had sprinkled a bit in Costa Rica but this was a serious rain.

    Attended afternoon tea where we met a woman from Washington State and another from Victoria, BC. Had a nice chat with them.

    Final dinner in the dining room where we found out that our waiter Rai was leaving the ship at San Diego to return home for a family problem. We hope things will work out for his family. Left his thank you tip at the purser’s desk for them to forward to him. Gave Andi and our wine steward Noel their tips and after the final variety show were able to connect with our room stewards as well.

    Went up to the Crow’s Nest for a final happy hour. Have never been so tired on a vacation. Surprised I could stay up long enough to do so. To bed shorty after 10.
    Read more