Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 13

    Cruise Day 7 - Relaxing at Sea

    9 de mayo, Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Today has been a relaxing day on a very foggy morning. After a late breakfast, Brian watched an enrichment show while I watched the officers vs guests bean bag toss challenge, and then we both watched the aviator challenge in the Plaza. Unfortunately, Brian was still in the show when the paper planes were being made by guests as I think he could have won it. We are just having a relaxing evening with no plans.

    Brian went to watch a guest speaker in one of the onboard theatres. His name is Simon Weston & he was in the Welsh Guards & fought in the Falkland islands conflict. He was on board Sir Galahad in the ironically named Port Pleasant when she was hit by a bomb from an Argentine A4 Skyhawk and received burns to 46% of his body. His story was both fricken hilarious & sobering enough to bring a lump to your throat & tear to the eye! Skin grafts from his bum were used on his face and he regularly broke the sadness of his story with kissing his butt jokes when talking about somebody kissing his cheeks! A truly amazing man & story. Go check him out online.
    Leer más