Satellite
  • Day 35

    Noosa Everglades - Gagaju Bush Camp

    July 24, 2016 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Gagaju Bush Camp is located next to the Noosa river. The main activity in the camp is canoeing down the river.
    After a good night sleep in the hammock style bunk beds, I get ready for a short canoe trip (4-5 km). We go down the Noosa river to Lake Cooroibah. There, we go on a small island/sandbank and have a bit of a break and then pass the side of the lake before heading back to camp. The sides of the lake are very shallow and are breading grounds for stingray. As we are paddling along, we see several stingray swim away.
    Back in the camp, I enjoy a nice lunch and a relaxed afternoon.
    The next day, we have a bigger trip planned. We head the other way (against the tidal stream) and go to Lake Cootharaba. This is supposed to be a 14-18 km trip, but after our canoe tips over, me and the two girls in the canoe decide to head back so we can get a warm shower and dry up. Luckily none of us were hurt and with some help from the two other canoes, we managed to get back in the boat and paddle back. We had a good laugh about it afterwards :-)
    By the time we got back it was lunchtime, so after a nice warm shower, I had a nice lunch and joined the people that had arrived that day. We played some card games and enjoyed the campfire in the evening.
    After a rather cold night in the bunk beds, I headed back to the civilised world, to the city of Noosa.
    Read more