Satellite
  • Day 65

    Plitvička Jezera

    June 11, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    So definitely saw some different sights today.

    The Plitvice Lakes take your breath away. Waterfall after waterfall leading to crystal clear lakes. It really feels almost like a fairytale. You follow wooden walkways and take boats and a train/van/type/vehicle to get around. I don't think I can do it justice with an explanation so I have tried to pick the best 6 photos to give you an idea of what it is like. Though I am not sure that they show you how amazing it really is either. You will have just have to visit for yourselves!

    By the time we had arrived at the Lakes it was about 3pm and whilst it was quite busy I think a lot of people had come and gone. There is a lot to explore, hence we walked about 9 miles in the 4 hours we were there.

    On the drive into Plitvice we had noticed various red triangular road signs with pictures of bears... So Stuart was desperate to see a bear. He said that this would be even better than having seen the Pope or Nairo Quintana. If any of you however, have seen the documentary about bear enthusiast Timothy Treadwell, as I have (thanks Amy) you would have shared my desperation NOT to see a bear. Also we worked out on our walk back to the B&B through the woods at dusk that all we had to defend ourselves was GoPro on a stick.

    Safely back at the B&B we had a meal of potatoes, salad with traditional Croatian meats and a paprika salsa, neither of which names I could repeat, cooked by the owner. It was absolutely delicious. I swear the sausage had some kind of melted cheese in it which for me was heaven.

    Now we are exhausted but looking forward to seeing the Capital tomorrow.
    Read more