Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 190

    Discovering the well known

    August 1, 2020 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    After a restless night, the alarm went of at seven. Had a boiled egg and warm Nutella for breakfast...if you might want to know.
    We set of for the tower visit at 08.00 and arrived well in time. First in line. That's to my liking.
    Got instructions and a 1mtr buzzer.. and of we go.
    I have to admit.. this was a good workout.
    The experience of walking this leaning tower was special. The view quite nice.
    There was not much time. As we were hunted down again for the next load of climbers.
    After this, we visited the basilica, and noticed that we did not buy tickets for the Baptisterium. So. Got my phone and credit card to correct this.
    After a nice rest on the first floor of the Baptisterium, our phones fully charged, we went off into the city.
    Nice place. Narrow streets and beautifully buildings.
    Hunger kicked in, so a panini was ordered.
    They did their best to make us a vegetarian one. And with success.
    Walked around until we found a nice shady park, in which I laid my head down again to have a rest.
    After this it was time for an ice cream.
    Decided that this was Pisa. And headed back to the campsite.
    Gonna take a shower and an easy meal.
    Bought on our way home a mosquito net to cover the site windows, so we can leave them safely open this night.
    Hopefully this will work.
    Tomorrow. We will aim for Florence.
    I do need to check the gearboxoil level. But I can't get underneath. Maybe.. one day..
    ...
    Read more