Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Building our tiny home Ivy (Part 1)

    22 avril, Angleterre ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    We initially had this idea when we first fell in love in 1990, for over 34 years it seemed like an impossible dream. Wouldn’t it be just amazing to make your own tiny home on wheels and go venturing around the world in it? How wonderful would that be? Of course we knew it would always be out of reach for the likes of us.
    But then unexpectedly the opportunity came to us.
    “Let’s do it now” said Darren. “Don’t be bloody ridiculous, we’re too old “ said I. So we talked and talked through the night until eventually the reasons not to do it had been whittled away to just one. The only valid reason was the fear of the unknown!

    We spent the next few months watching Youtube videos on building a campervan and living the van life. Gradually becoming more and more sure of our decision.
    Finding a suitable van was difficult,, the perfect van completely impossible. But after weeks of searching we found Ivy. She ticked most of our “must have” boxes and arrangements were made to go and get her from Nottingham.

    Having spent her life so far as a delivery van being abused by careless drivers she was in dire need of some tender loving care. So with love and blind naive optimism we began her transformation.
    En savoir plus