衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日1

    Day 1. Leaving to Catforth

    2023年11月18日, イングランド ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    Today’s the day we leave for Scotland - finally ! We have loads to do today , starting off with washing Maddy in the utility sink as she has rolled in fox poo the day before - thanks maddy !
    Once maddy was washed with her tropical shampoo, we left her to dry and set off to Leigh’s garage . Leigh very kindly lubricated the gears for us as they were starting to feel to bit clunky . James then jet washed the van ( although give it an hour and it would be filthy again).
    We borrowed the land rover and went to Ledbury tip to get rid off all our rubbish from the van build . Afterwards , we headed to Aldi and Tesco to get our first three meals for our trip and some essentials ( gin and tonic , obviously ).
    Quick drive back up to the garage to load our shopping into the van , to our surprise everything fitted perfectly .
    Next , we had to reverse the van down the steep and slippery driveway , it didn’t quite go to plan as James got distracted by me talking and managed to back it too far onto the grass bank . After placing loads of wood slats in front of the tyres , it was obvious that the freshly washed van was properly stuck and filthy again . Fortunately, Leigh was coming down the drive just as this happened . After teasing James true Leigh style , Leigh luckily managed to tow us out .
    The next few hours involved packing all our clothes into the van and cleaning out our hobbit house and the garages . We had a lovely lunch in between taking loads to the garage - thanks Jackie !
    Once all the lifting and tidying was done , it was time to enjoy our last shower at home ,we were both in there for ages as a daily shower will now be a luxury of the past .
    Finally , ready to leave at about 1800. I did the driving tonight , some rain showers on the way but on the whole a very pleasant journey to a little village called catforth, which is near Blackpool .
    We had a cheeky beer whilst I cooked supper , a chilli con carne pasta bake , which was very tasty ! We took Maddy out for a little walk and then watched Netflix for a while before going to bed .
    もっと詳しく