Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Day 12. Badrallach to Stac Polladiah

    November 30, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    The following morning we realised that we didn't refill our tank before heading down the field, we knew this would go one of 2 ways with the grass and mud, either will be successful or we won't be able to go back onto the grass. The gravel track wasn't wide enough for the van, so it was quite slippery trying to go uphill for water, and even worse once the tank was full. The owner of the campsite then came down to meet us, which was slightly embarrassing with a semi stuck van!
    The owner suggested we parked up at an area half gravel half grass, James managed to turn the van around and back it into the space. Our electic hookup wouldn't reach that far and we both noticed a strange smell.... I went to have a look around and discovered we were about 5 metres in front of the sess pit.
    After all that effort, we concluded that we weren't prepared to pay for another night here as we can camp for free without smells 😂.
    After packing everything back into the van, we headed off to Ullapool to restock on food, fuel and gas- which we managed very easily with no hastles.
    We continued north and ended up at a car park at the bottom of Stac Pollaidh. The car park was big and flat, but next to quite a busy road.
    We explored the area with Maddy, then had a Thai green curry for supper, before playing rumikub and listening to some old tunes from back in the day with some beers. Was a lovely night!
    Read more