Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 29

    Heathrow Airport

    20. august 2023, England ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Our holiday is winding up. We had a late check out (midday) of our Tower Hill motel. We were well organised and had time (and presence of mind) for a Memorial service before we left.

    My back has been playing up again, and Ian decided the cab to Heathrow was worth the expense. Sunday morning is a relatively good time to travel as far as traffic goes, and we had a peaceful drive through London. We passed Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey and a few other landmarks we would not have seen on the Tube.

    We are now at the Heathrow airport motel ready for an early flight tomorrow morning. The photo is the view from our room. On the right you can see the connecting tunnel to the Terminal, a 2 minute walk so no need for a shuttle. We've weighed our bags and they are under weight so hopefully no dramas tomorrow.

    Our motel is a 3-4 star budget one, and we decided to eat at the Crowne restaurant next door. Mine was tastier than it looks! Spinach and paneer curry. Yum. Ian had Nasi Goreng. Soon I will be back to having to cook 😒 but on the other hand it will be good to eat normally again. I miss my spinach and banana smoothies!
    Læs mere