Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 64

    Day 64: Sea Day - Change of Plans

    24. februar ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    We had a long exciting day yesterday snorkeling The Great Barrier Reef - More on that to come in another post. This morning Paul got up about 8:00 AM to a lovely view out the port side to the North Eastern coast of Australia (See pics) Happy to have a sea day to get caught up on many back due blogs posts. He headed to World Cafe for a nice breakfast; steak & eggs, biscuits & gravy, granola & yogurt, fruits, coffee & juice - Life is good,

    Captain Eric came on over the PA system around 9:00 AM - The World Cafe came to a complete hush, you could have heard a pin drop. You see Captain Eric will give his normal navigational update at noontime each day - any other time the captain is on the PA system - It’s really important.

    He let us all know the news of the much awaited itinerary plan changes would be made at 10:00 AM The details to this announcement will be made at the Star Theater, or we could watch it live from our state rooms on VIking TV, or on the big screens at the Pool deck.

    The Star Theater was packed, you would have thought it might be a Taylor Swift concert. But, honestly, everyone (passengers & crew) wants and needs to know what the change in plans are. Many plans have to be changed and decisions made.

    The video presentation from Viking Corporate office was well done and provided the new itinerary. I have attached 3 pictures of the new destinations and three pictures of the revised route map.

    Donna and I will have to cancel a couple of the private tours which we booked. There will be cancelation fees. Oh well. Other people are deciding if they will get off in Singapore and fly home. Maybe they have already been to Africa. The is no one easy and right answer for everyone. Clearly Viking is doing all the can to provide us with excursion options which will ensure we still have a memorable experience.

    So what do I really think?

    Disappointed - we will not go through the Suez Canal, go to Italy, or go to Petra - those are my top three disappointments.

    Shifting our mindset — An adventure often has the unexpected - I love driving somewhere not knowing where I will end up. Often times new unplanned things happen beyond my expectations - it just turns out to be fun. Donna and I have been already adjusting our mindset and expectations for the unknown, - We are embracing the unknown with some hesitation, but really focusing on new opportunities. We will miss the sailing the Mediterranean - but we have never been to Africa - so our World Cruise Adventure continues.
    Læs mere