Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 4

    Last 48 hours in Edinburgh

    31 grudnia 2023, Anglia ⋅ ☁️ 43 °F

    We had a great last full day in Scotland, starting with a visit to Camera Obscura. Super fun illusions and plasma tubes (the kids loved shocking each other after one of the guides showed them how). We have been to other illusions museums but this one was extra special. One of the highlights was that it snowed while we were on the roof deck looking out at the city- so beautiful! After we left there we had wings and beers (adults:) and stopped by the house to drop off our bags.

    We had a 2:30 booking for The Scotch Whisky Experience. Neither of us are big scotch people but we gave it our best. The tour was super fun and immersive even for the kids and we learned about regions and flavors and chose our favorite profile for a sample. The kids had a classic Scottish soda, which had mixed reviews. Our place was about 5 minutes from the tasting place, so we took the kids back and left our babysitter in charge (E) and went back to the Scotch Fair at the same spot. Basically just vendors that you could try if you went to the tour. We found some that were ok, but we are still not converts.

    We made our way into the more local part of the city away from the Royal Mile and went to the top escape room in Scotland. We did a Jumangi-themed room that was super fun with lots of puzzles and locks and managed to escape with 3 min to go. Kids loved it! Our last stop was dinner at Vittorio’s, which was a nice Italian spot. Headed home a little after 9 and everyone fell asleep quickly after a busy day!

    This morning we were up early to check out of our AirBnb. We walked the Royal Mile (which is actually a Scot’s mile, 1.1 miles) down to the Holyrood palace and caught a glimpse of King Arthur’s seat. We had wanted to hike it, but weather wasn’t ideal. Next time! Walked back to the train station, with a quick stop to buy some heavy wool sweaters, and on our way home on the train now. We all really loved Edinburgh and can see why so many people say Scotland is one of their favorite places. Tige will be back to locum in Glasgow in a couple weeks but we will all be back for a longer visit in the not-too-distant future.
    Czytaj więcej