Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Out and about

    September 30, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Nice easy start to the day, but finding wi-fi for our blogging needs is a bit like finding water in a desert. Nothing for ages then you gorge on it when you find it, in case it’s the last for a while! We managed a good bit of wi-fing catching up earlier, although finding the sweet spot on our site is interesting!

    Had to top up our food, due to our dinner malfunction last night, so motored into Innisfail to Coles, over buying as usual.

    En route we stopped at ‘Crawford look-out’, where we were immediately attacked by horse flies. They land anywhere on you and spike you with a very sharp needle, which goes deeper the longer they’re on you. Horrible creatures.
    An older couple who lived here (yes even older than us) confirmed they were a ‘thing’ here at this time of year. Not a fan.

    Later we had a fab walk through Ma-mu rainforest. Ground level and walkways through some of the canopy, plus a tower (100 steps 😵‍💫) with the most amazing views of the surrounds - Atherton Tablelands, distant rivers, etc. Lovely relaxed day, weather just right, and bonus: a freshly bought dinner.

    Now back at our wi-fi location to conduct the final business of the day 😊
    Read more