Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Musings

    October 5, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We have exactly the right amount of plates, mismatched cutlery, a bottle opener, sheets (attractive brown), towels (attractive brown), and bafflingly, one very sharp psycho knife. The sort of knife any self respecting murderer / dismemberer would be proud of.

    We also have two saucepans with lids and a frying pan, which as a unit, are heavy to handle with one small Lucy hand. There is only one unique way these can be stowed successfully in the cupboard and it requires a one handed manoeuvre with all three sitting within each other. If you get the angle of approach right, they’ll fit in the space in one slick action. If you get the angel wrong, the lids dislodge and you’re in all sorts of trouble.

    Matty has a touch screen for navigation, music, etc. When nav is on, it pings for all sorts of (often unclear) reasons. Then occasionally the dash decides to join in / compete and starts ponging about its own stuff. This all happens when Col’s driving and I’m often woken (from a short snooze) to him cursing the pings and pongs.

    Col’s looking for some swimming shorts, considering himself past the ‘budgie smuggler’ look the young or un-self conscious are sporting. Two main issues: the shorts all seem to be the Billabong brand, so quite expensive and they don’t have (modest ahhhemm) a containing ‘pouch’ for his bits and bobs. The search continues…..
    Read more