Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Tamborine Mountains

    October 26, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    So back into Queensland again (we can’t keep away!) and to the Tamborine Mountains.

    We passed a sign at the bottom of the road saying ‘very steep ascent, not suitable for caravans, trailers, buses’. We ignored this (even though there’s a bit of all of those in Matty’s DNA) and wound our way up what was indeed a very steep ascent.

    First stop was paragliders hill, where a competition had just been halted due to too much wind. A few were still airborne and looked like they were having a fantastic flight.

    We were looking inland and the view was breathtaking. We saw the Glass House Mountains from another perspective as well the lay of the land for miles and miles and miles. Fantastic visibility.

    Then onward to a tree top walk. I love being enveloped by the rainforest and the palates of green, the ferns, climbers, and palms. Add in the creature sounds and like watching the ocean, I feel calmer inside.

    At one point we got in conversation with a women from East London, who was on a four month trip. We passed the time of day, exchanging travel tips (as you do) but then (and probably inevitably) we ended up talking politics, Truss, Sunak, Johnson 🙄. Bit of a surreal moment on a mountain side in darkest Australia!

    We then set about looking for other amazing views - and with some local advice found them. We didn’t mind having to buy drinks in two bars to see them.

    ‘View’ pics on next post ➡️
    Read more