Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Tweed Heads to Byron Bay 🌈

    October 27, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Before moving on we check out the Captain Cook (he’s a popular guys in these parts) Memorial and lighthouse. Lots of lizards hanging out here, love these guys.

    We then spent most of the day hugging the coastline as we wound our way along the short drive to Byron Bay (hang out of hippies - young and old)

    The beach along this stretch is pretty much continuous - it goes on and on and on and most have a dog, their human and us on them, with the occasional surfer chancing their luck. In other words they’re EMPTY!!

    We made ‘physical contact’ with the ocean off the NSW coast for the first time (‘the water’s fab’) and just marvelled at the beauty of the beach.

    I was amazed to saw a Sea Eagle on the beach, casually eating his lunch. Seems we’re not bored of these views yet….

    Much as we’re entwined with Matty, we’ve booked a four night stay in a cabin. It feels like a palace. There’s space to move without making contact with each other! Our own bathroom, kitchen with hob AND an oven, a dishwasher AND the piece de resistance our own WASHING MACHINE. I shall wash things just for the sake and ease of it!

    Matty sits outside, not too dejected, as she keeps pulling us out, to get things lurking in her midst!
    Read more