Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Coffs Harbour via Nambucca Heads

    November 5, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Back up the road to Coffs for a couple of days, before taking the inland road to Armidale and Warrumbungle, Parkes, Cowra and Katoomba, with our final stop being Sydney.

    Usual midway stop off en route, this time at Nambucca Heads. Had a nice, but very breezy walk along the beach front, where they also have their own painted rocks, bearing a similar array of messages to Port Macquarie.

    Had our lunch in Matty, then popped into town which was a very small high street of shops and one very pleasing community artwork of ‘Gaudiesque’ mosaics.

    We then went to a look out point for a beach view, and ended up having a good old chat with a guy called Paul whose been touring round Aus for most of the year (and not for the first time). We talked bikes, drones, covid etc, and he offered to show us around if we ever found ourselves in Geelong!

    https://youtube.com/channel/UCw-YrszvSaAiYQ4-__…

    We’re still trying to decide on what type of campsite we prefer. The ‘branded’ family orientated sites are larger and busier. Amenities are better and more plentiful - but quiet they ain’t.

    The independent /smaller parks can be more spacious, but amenities are less plentiful and sometimes more basic.

    Some sites are right in town, but many are not. You don’t always know what you’re getting until you arrive, which can make it a bit of a lottery.

    Anyway our site in Coffs Harbour is large, busy (not quiet!) and more out, than in town. There is something nice about being able to leave Matty for the day and either walk or bus it somewhere - but this has only been poss on a few occasions.

    After ‘setting up camp’ which we’re quite proficient at now, we make dinner and snuggle in for the evening.
    Read more