Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Terminal 2 or should it be 3?

    February 14 in England ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    As we jumped off the Hoppa bus, ‘Oh yes, yes def Terminal 2’ I said confidently, then seconds later: ‘Errr oh no it isn’t….. Sorry’

    Luckily the two terminals are a short walk from each other. That’ll teach Col to take my word for it!

    Gone are the airline desks, and scowling faces of the check in staff. These days you can enjoy the considerable faff of self check in. Once you’ve acquired your octopus arms to juggle passports, luggage receipts, sticking the printed ID label on your bags, four sets of boarding passes, suitcases and your sanity, the relief of waving goodbye to your luggage is immense.

    We were then able to saunter casually to security, where we’d been invited to book our ‘Going through security’ time slot ahead of time. This was a quick process, albeit with the usual undressing and extrication of a wedged in laptop, keys, liquids, belts etc.

    After an eye wateringly priced Pret snack, we currently languish in the departure lounge, which invites us to buy Ray-Bans, Harrods souvenirs, craft beer and sushi. My brain cells are slowly evaporating, as I anticipate the flight ahead…..

    Oh and happy Valentine’s Day ♥️
    Read more