Satellite
  • Day 6

    Bus to Glencoe and Inverness

    April 20, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    We dragged our suitcases from the b&b to the train station where we could store the luggage. We walked at a good pace and the noise of our approaching wheels clattering over the cobblestones struck fear into the older and slower Scotsman we passed. All to no avail as we sit on a broken bus that has an intended destination of Glencoe. We were early for the bus, it was late, now it is getting a few squirts of WD40 so the door will open.

    We get to Glencoe and it is a pretty village with lots of character. We find a hiking trail and start out still dry, but rain threatens. Unfortunately (fortunately) we have no time for shopping because our bus was late. Only a bit of rain for our hike, and the ride back to Fort William is on time. We eat lunch and catch another bus for Inverness.

    There is no train to Inverness that doesn’t go back to Glasgow. That would be about a 10 hour day, so the 2 hour bus ride makes sense. It is raining hard as I write this, the road is narrow and lots of traffic. It seems we are up in the clouds, however Inverness has a sunny forecast so things should get better for our arrival.

    As Tom snoozed part of the way he missed the stunning scenery around him. As we got closer to Inverness everything was green and lush and the sun came out.
    Read more