Satellite
  • Day 34

    Hanover - the last day

    August 16, 2016 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    I think I said this before, but what a great place. Just finished dinner at the downstairs Turkish restaurant, had a great Kusbisili Pide (even better than the one the previous night) and finished off with a desert of I don't know what, but it too was great...see the pic.

    Went to to the zoo today, a 4km walk each way. I'd like to say it was worth it but truthfully felt pretty sory for the animals that were mostly in fairly small enclosures. They havr an "outback" Australian area with the usual emus and wombats (who doing a pretty good job of digging themselves to freedom👍). There was a family that was pretty excited about getting a photo with what was sign posted as a great red kangaroo. The only problem was it was actually a Pademelon (cute little things that they are) and not a big red. I didn't have the heart to tell them, not that a Pademelon is a lesser marsupial in any case!!!!!

    This place, and probably Europe in general, is very push bike friendly and everyone rides them. From suited bankers to blued haired tattooed punks. It actually pretty funny to see see a tough punk rocker with red hair, tattoos and piercings riding a nice ladies bike!!!!

    Looking forward to getting on the bike again, but will be sorrh to leave here. Off the Leipzig tomorrow.

    Bye.....
    Read more