Satellite
  • Day 15

    Villambistia

    July 16, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Breakfast at the albergue was last night’s bread, jam, and instant coffee. So we picked up a “tortilla” at the next town. A tortilla in Spain is eggs with other stuff baked in a pie pan. Other stuff is always potatoes and onions, but can include ham, bacon, etc., even fish. We walked through closely spaced small towns all day. Quite a it of the day was close to a major highway, which was less pleasant. But cars and trucks passing by honked and waved occasionally and everyone says “Buen Camino”. It’s still been a good day. I took a video walking through a pretty and larger town of Belorado. Our goal for the day was Tosantos, but when we got there it was a tiny town that was all closed up and the highway ran through the center of town. We decided to go another 2 kilometers to the next town, Villambistia, and it was definitely the right move.

    The municipal albergue is actually in a bar (restaurant) and it is the center of town life. Tables all over the square in front with people talking and laughing. The woman who runs the albergue/bar is a total hoot. It’s nice and clean and there is only one other person staying there. We got in around 2:30 and we usually get a beer and something to tide us over until dinner. We asked for an order of fries with our beers and she brought potato chips. We asked for something a little more and she went away for a while and came back with big plates of cod in a lovely sauce and a huge beautiful salad. She is fixing us dinner tonight for 10 euros and promises it will be memorable. In fact, it’s time for dinner now. Ciao!!
    Read more