Satellite
  • Day 9

    Robert's Roost, Quesnel, BC

    June 24, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    Took a pretty slow day, mostly driving north. After "light" breakfast to start the day, by mid morning Tom (insisted) on a "heavy" breakfast to supplement his earlier breakfast. We stopped at the Caribou Lodge in Clinton, and after eggs, pancakes, and sausage Tom felt well enough to proceed with our adventure!
    Further up the road was our only hike of the day, Mt. Begbie Lookout Tower. Short, steep hike to a view of the plateau and LOTS of trees!
    Next stop William's Lake Visitor Center and Museum. A huge log constructed building that had LOTS of brochures about various parts of BC. The museum helped underline the fact that BC is actually a cowboy state; with stampedes, cattle and saddles, and rideo queens! Great rest stop and grocery resupply.
    Last stop of the day is Quesnel, and note that the "s" is silent and the name in Canadian sort of sounds like "cornell". We are parked in a spot on a lake that is quiet and cool. The sky has cleared after intermittent rain bursts, and is clear blue with white pillowy clouds. And the chicken breasts we were to barbecued actually turned out to be ground chicken. Time for plan B! Having a wonderful time. Thank you Lord, amen!
    Read more