Satellite
  • Day 72

    Hello Banff

    August 26, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 50 °F

    Wow...I always begin my travel journal entry with pics and had almost NO pics to post from this day! Not even of a flowering weed, which is what most of my flower pictures are! What does that say about our day??

    Slept in late and actually had bacon and pancakes for breakfast! It was that slow a start... then spent some time sorting laundry and writing out a grocery list. Life goes on even when you are on vacation! And trust me, laundromats and unfamiliar grocery stores (and products) make these simple every day chores take twice as long! And if you want a bottle of wine, that is a separate store, a government liscensed store.

    We rewarded ourselves with lunch in downtown Banff, an Irish Pub that was reccomended by some friends of the Hibbs. Excellent food, even for the liver and onions! Seriously, who eats that?? I married him!

    Steve took off for some propane tank refills, Tom joined Auggie for an afternoon nap, and Kristi and I headed on a short river side walk to Bow Falls. Just maybe a half mile out of the downtown, and is located just below the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. We have seen some outrageous falls, so this was pretty straightforward, more a change in the elevation of the river than the carved out gorges we have been seeing. But the day was beautiful, the weather perfect for a quick walk, and the river is that clear blue glacial color.

    Kristi and I headed back to the RV parking only to receive a text from the boys noting they were back in the village having ice cream! Eventually we connected, picked up vehicles and headed back to the campground with drawers full of clean clothes (especially socks and underwear!) and refrigs and cabinets refilled with food. And a bottle of wine. Or two.

    PS. Nothing like clean sheets!
    Read more