Satellite
  • Day 2

    Day 2: Athens, Greece

    June 22, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Vougliameni beach is really nice. Daniel, Jennifer and I took the bus there and we weren't disappointed. As they brought goggles, we were able to see hundreds of fish that were swimming with us! And the water was beautiful.

    Afterwards, we went to the market and bought some fresh strawberries and cherries, had fresh orange juice, and bought some souvenirs. We were supposed to eat them tonight, but we got back too late as we went to meet Zoe and Alex at the bus stop for 11:30 p.m. Turns out they got off at midnight and they walked right past without me even noticing. We took a taxi back at 12:30 a.m. (or shall I say the third taxi) and ended up getting there at the same time so it worked out. When it came to getting a taxi, the first two preferred Greek fares than listening to us telling them where we had to go (oh well).

    Before we went to the bus stop, we went to a mall which has a lot of the same stores we have back home: Tommy Hilfiger, H&M, Zara, Claire's and more. The mall was super modern (unlike the rest of Athens) and it was a nice change! We also went to a nice restaurant near the Acropolis for dinner and Daniel got hussled by a ten year old. He came up offering flowers with puppy dog eyes so Daniel asked him for one, which was three Euros, and gave him five Euros expecting to get change. The kid smiled, said no change, threw down an extra flower and left. It was actually really funny and I got a nice flower out of it (thanks kid).

    Now my buddies have arrived and can't wait to see the Acropolis tomorrow. Sad to see Daniel and Jennifer go, but I'm happy I got to meet them and I'm so grateful for their kindness. Wishing them a safe flight home!
    Read more