Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Day 17: Rome, Italy

    July 7, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Food, food and more food.

    Whenever we plan our day, we always make sure we add in a restaurant (or two) to our itinerary. For those of you who know me well, this shouldn't come as a surprise. Today we had the most amazing fresh gnocchi from That's Amore (a cute restaurant near the Trevi Fountain) and gelato from Venchi. I've recently become obsessed with Pistachio gelato because it's the best.

    Thank god we've been walking a lot the past few days to work it all off. Cumulatively, we've walked 47 km within the two and a half days that we've been in Rome. Today we visited the Jewish Ghetto, the Piazza Venezia and the Crypt of the Capuchins. The crypt was cool, yet eery and the Piazza was gorgeous. The detail in Italy's architecture is on another level. It's incredible.

    Today also reminded me of the best advice that we got for Italy. It was from two Australian girls we shared a room with in Santorini. They said "just walk" and at first we were confused, but after having been in Italy for a few days, it makes complete sense. No one gives you the opportunity to cross so you've got to wait for the perfect moment (or take a chance) and just walk across. Seems like we've got it down pat as many people today followed our lead.
    Read more