Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 46

    Mullewa to Caron Dam

    30 Ağustos 2023, Avustralya ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Wednesday was a day where not much happened. We have been having trouble with the battery in the back of the ute so we drove in to Geralton to try and get it sorted. Andrew had been advising me on the phone and we thought it might be the dc to dc charger but Andrew thought it best, before I bought another one, to get the battery tested. After spending most of the day in Geralton speaking to various people, I bit the bullet and bought a new charger. After some grocery shopping we headed back towards Mullewa and stopped early for the night at Bringo Lookout and I fitted the new charger. The good news is everything seems to be working fine again. We left the next morning and after passing through Mullewa again we turned south towards Perth. It will still take a while to get there as there are lots of things to se on the way, mainly crops, wheat storages and wild flowers. Our first stop was Wilroy Nature Reserve for morning tea.
    Next stop was Canna. A church, the hall, and a big wheat storage. You could camp there with access to toilet, showers, power all for a donation.
    We then headed to Morowa. Stopped there to get a prescription filled and had a good chat with Frosty a local man just back from mustering on a station about 800ks north. He said he left there at 2.00am and he had only just arrived back in town, had a couple of things to do and then home to bed. We had another good yarn up at the chemist. We left there and camped the night at Caron Dam at Perenjori. This is an interesting place. It is a roofed dam, one of only a handful in WA. I have included a photo with a lot of information on it. One of the creeks feeding the dam is lined with rocks and concrete and another is lined with bitumen and at the top of this, about 400mtrs from the dam, is a huge area of bitumen designed to catch the water and feed it into the dam. It is an amazing piece of interstucture. Then further down the rails there is a gigantic heritage listed coal stage hopper. I can see how they got the coal onto the trains but can only guess how they loaded it. We have seen quite a few flowers as well.
    Okumaya devam et