Satellite
  • Day 82

    Amsterdam and Transit

    June 24, 2017 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Did not want to pack.
    Was so toasty In my bed.
    Will showered first so I got an extra 10 minutes until it was my turn.
    We have run out of soap again. At least we finished it this time rather than lost it
    Packed. I should put my sleeping bag 'away away' into my bag but naaaa so it's hanging off the side still and people will just have to deal with getting knocked with it all day haha.
    We walked to the McDonalds at central to meet Laura. Our little reunion started at 11:30 and we split around 3.
    It was so good to see her
    Background info: I met Laura at Ukutula in South Africa. She is In her 30's from Ireland, so naturally likes a drink.
    We had such a tight cuddle.

    I've just realized I never got a photo of me wearing big clogs. They have a few random sets in the street for people to stand in.
    Devo.

    We went to the terrible place that sold me my club sandwich because f walking around the city with our bags.
    I got the tomato soup this time and it was so good. Adding cheese to it takes it up a notch.
    We chatted about everything and anything really. The streets were really loud so sometimes it was hard to hear her but I had a great time and it was a great way to kill 3 hours. She said we can stay with her in Ireland too 💪🏻woo!

    We then just went straight to the station and thought we would be productive and find out what platform we needed to be at even though we were 1.5 hours early.
    The lady told us 11b but also said that our tickets must be printed out and sent us to the service desk section. They have a free printing book that prints your ticket when you enter your reservation number - FREE - how strange and wonderful 🤔
    We then went and sat on the platform. I then went down and bought Will a small sandwich.
    30 mins til our first train comes. This is going to be quite the journey. 😓
    3 hours on, half hour off, 2 hours on, 2 hours off 7 hours on and then a 5 hour wait for our Bnb to be ready. Fml.
    I'm pleased to report we did see some windmills. 🕺🏿💃🏻
    I feel more accomplished now. And we did see the front of Anne Franks house... when we visit castles we don't go inside and still consider that as being 'done' ...
    I'll give myself a half point. I still saw the house. It counts for something; though, I'm sure it looks very different now with all the renovations.
    We didn't know if we had assigned seats or not so we sat where we felt like it. No one has said anything.
    The 5 windmills were cute. 2 loner ones and a group of 3 later on :)
    The country side is nice.
    I would like to do the Netherlands again, but in a car.
    There is a lot of beauty here.
    I checked my maps every 30 seconds waiting to cross the border into Germany.
    MADE IT 🇩🇪!!
    I went to the loo and we shouldn't be worried about being In the wrong seat - this man was on the floor sculling beers 🤙🏿
    If he gets approved, we will.
    The toilets smell like piss.
    At one stop we had a 10 minute delay. I thought I was so smart and hopped of the train for 5 seconds so that i could say I had properly set foot in Germany.
    I went back and bragged to a Will and he laughed at me for being a retard.
    He reminded me we were getting out at Hamburg.....
    shut up will.
    Made it to our changeover.
    There was an American dad on the platform in the most stereotypical 45-60 year old man clothing.
    He had the full get-up.
    It started with the brown shoes with pull up socks.
    3/4 jeans held up by a belt with a striped pattern polo.
    Every father owns this outfit. Trevor Dowse included.
    It was splendid 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
    Our train was 15 mins late and I was so cold.
    I was doing my leg shake thing and the man next to me asked if I could stop wiggling hahahah

    It took so much concentration not to do it.
    We are on the train now.
    2 hours to go until Hamburg 👍🏼
    I saw a wild deer and I'm pretty excited about it. It was leaping 😍
    We are really hungry so we bought a baguette from the shop.
    There is a dog on the train. 😍😍😍😍

    Got off at Hamburg. We managed to find the only McDonald on earth without free wifi -.- I wanted to upload my Snapchat story. It's a good one today lol.

    At McDonald's the best thing happened and had brought light to my life......

    A random Asian decent man, 20's walked up to 2 ladies and pointed at their food and then walked off... he walked past another guy eating and said something to him and began pointing at his food too. I don't know what was said but if I could guess it was something like
    " are you going to eat that"
    "Yes"
    "Can I have it?"
    "No"

    Repeat several times..

    The man just stood there for a solid 2 minutes just pointing at the food in silence. He then started the back and forth response thing again.

    THEN HE STOLE THE FOOD AND WALKED OFF HAHAHahhahaha

    The guys face was the most taken aback, confronted and confused I have ever seen.

    He was like what the crap just happened.

    Just before, you could sense the asians end game so I set up my camera and got a photo of him mid- pinching it. Hahahahaha it was honestly so funny.
    The guy sat their for a few minutes in shock.

    We think it's possible the Asian might have a mental disability. He just seemed odd and so were his actions lol.

    Will tried a German McDonald's burger. He is more adventurous that me and tries a different one each country.
    The view of the station from Maccas was pretty nice- lots of neon signs glowing in the dark.
    We went to our platform early to be safe and then got on the train when it turned up.
    We have designated seats this time. We got a 4 seater to ourself so we are pretty happy.
    Not happy about being in a sitting position but we will push through.
    Wills patience has been extra good today. No complaints or huffing and puffing haha.
    My phone died which was going to cause us real problems when trying to find our Bnb but the lady across from us plugged hers in on the ceiling. Silly me didn't look there. Crisis averted ✌🏼
    Some annoying humans on our train are already asleep. WE HAVE BEEN ON FOR ALL OF 20 MINUTES.
    I hate the Trevor Dowse sleepers of the world. Of all skills to pass down genetically, that would have been a good one.
    I'm currently listening to Harry Potter through my headphone so fingers crossed I get some sleep if only a little bit.
    I need enough to get me through a 3km walk and until check in at 12.
    I'm excited for Denmark. What a random place to go. 🇩🇰
    Read more